Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through January 7, 2011 * Hamlow Lake - Reagan Lake, etc. < Previous Next >

Link to this message

blindeye

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, July 30, 2010 - 2:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

My adult Son and I are making a 5- day (4 night) trip in mid-August to climb Ishpatina and then paddle and portage into Reagan - and on to Solace Lake or Maggie L. Can we then loop back through Selkirk L., Ghoul L., Paul L., and go upstream on the Sturgeon R. and back to where the Gervais / Hamlow Rd. crosses the Sturgeon River? I'm thinking maybe the current and obstacles going upstream on the Sturgeon from Paul L. are too difficult to make it back upstream to the road crossing. OR is a better option to start by portaging down the trailroad from Hamlow to the Sturgeon R. and going downstream and doing counterclockwise route back around to Reagan L.?
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 1226

Posted on Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 8:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

You will have no trouble this year looping back to the Sturgeon and heading up to the road. The water is low and the current small. You may have to walk the last distance as the river gets shallow near the road.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home