Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through January 7, 2011 * Thank You < Previous Next >

Link to this message

Post Number: 9
Posted on Sunday, August 8, 2010 - 9:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hello everyone,

I would like to use this forum to make a public thank you to DEAN PEARSON and the rest of the staff at the Temagami Outfitting Company.

On July 30th my two friends and I began a trip to the Obabika river. Unfortunatly and suddenly on August 3rd my dear father-in-law passed away back home in Toronto. In the days that followed Dean and his crew were in constant contact with my family and spent a great deal of time on figuring out how to reach me so I could get home to attend the funeral. Unfortunatly, the Obabika river doesn't make it easy to find anyone. It was only when we returned to town that I was given the news by Dean and that funeral had already taken place that morning. Dean's generosity didn't end there. After giving me privacy to make any phone calls I needed to, he went on to find the best way for us to get home to my wife as we had alreay missed the 11:30am train out of Temagami and the next wasn't until the next day. So Dean and his staff loaded us into their van and whisked us down to North Bay to make the last bus to Toronto with only a minute to spare. In North Bay I offered Dean the funds he desereved for the shuttle to North Bay and all his other hard work. Dean flat out refused and compensation despite my pleading with him.

Temagami is my favorite place on the planet. Living in Toronto can spin your head around and inside out. A week in Temagami fixes you and gives you a step up for the rest of the year. Temagami is also full of wonderful people. With people like Dean and his crew looking after the people who come there the way that they do leaves me feeling comforted that Temagami is in really good hands.

The Moyles family of Toronto can't thank you enough.

Jeff Paris.
 Link to this message

Post Number: 157
Posted on Monday, August 9, 2010 - 10:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Condolences to you.
Kudos to Dean and TOC, a class act.
 Link to this message

Post Number: 55
Posted on Monday, August 9, 2010 - 6:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Sorry for you loss, bearfart.

And yes, Dean is a great guy.....with a great boat too ;)

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home