Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through August 16, 2005 * Need a partner or partners < Previous Next >

Link to this message

hillbilly

Post Number: 120

Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 6:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I have just found out that my canoe partner will not be able to go on our annual trip this year. His brother has lukemia and he wants to stay close by for the ineventable.
My normal trip is usually the last week in June or the first week in July. I had a trip planned but may have to change that route. I do have two other friends that will be in Temagami the first week of July and could go with them but would have to solo on that trip with them. Their trip plan is an easy trip with a trip down the Obabika River and the rest of the trip being spent on Obabika Lake, with daily side trips. Any taker for this or do you need another in your group, that I may join. I have all gear for two. The other opion for me is to plan a solo trip of my own, which I have done before many times and I enjoyed. Post hear or e-mail me at, bsuabill@netscape.net
Bill

(Message edited by hillbilly on April 26, 2005)
 Link to this message

canoebear

Post Number: 261
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 5:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

"A Sense of a Voyager"

Primitive move & carry pack sacks to right site
to Indian tent-up, then cooken yer grub-up & explore new territory 'tis be-en Native,
"under only yer own forged power".
'Tis be tha nature of canoe campen;
watchen wildlife, taken snap-shots of tha
likeness of tha great outdoors, fishen sum,
smellen & see-en tha sure raw reality of it all.
Come morn, after a good nights lean-to tent rest, waken to lit day of fresh changen wind wave element challenges, just-out, to deal with.
Remember those who made-Bear of journey sense
before U.

Depressed I'm not able to canoe portage with U.
Have a hall of a trip "Where tha Bears Be",
& don't trip over any Paint Turtles,
hay hillbilly!
 Link to this message

hillbilly

Post Number: 134

Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 5:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

At this moment I will be soloing this year. Have had offers from others to go with them and some go with me. I turned down going with many for one reason or another and for one reason or another, others that inquired to go with me have not panned out. So solo I will be. I have soloed before and will probaly do it again. There is no beter company than Mother Nature and myself.
Canoebear you are always welcome to come along. I normally do not walk where painted turtles are.
Bill
 Link to this message

paul_hammersten

Post Number: 209
Posted on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 8:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks for being aware of my brothers!

Ha Ho

The Turtle of the Mistissibi

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home