Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through August 16, 2005 * Lower montreal river(Mowat landing to lower notch) < Previous Next >

Link to this message

bob_bracht

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, May 20, 2005 - 1:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Travel the river in Mid May 2005. First day paddel from Mowat landing to Latchford. Found campsite at I go you go point. You can hear hy 11 from the camp site. Portage around this dam is very easy. Paddel to Hound Chute. Found this portage very hard. Not well marked and when you reach the river below the dam there were rapids that had to be run or make a trail down river. We made a new trail water was to cold. Paddle in water to Ragged Chute where again there was no portage to be found and rapids below the dam. We set up at camp site above the dam. Found a portage of one KM. Use hydro road walked south on it for 900 meters. Trail bears right down to river very steep.We were saved by two conservation officers who truck our gear to Fountain Falls. Thank you guys. Last day on the river. Very good paddle today. Lot of sandy shore here and lot of rock as well.Good trip. Thanks to Alex, Mike and Lloyd for a great time.}}
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 404

Posted on Friday, May 20, 2005 - 9:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Where did you take-out at the end of your trip?
 Link to this message

manson

Post Number: 12
Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 10:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

i would not take this trip once may 24 arrives lower portion of river is polluted with campers boaters,they show little respect for canoes.you used to be able to justcarry to bottem of dams and run the short strech of rapids below them but now ontario hydro does not want you near the dams

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home