Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through August 16, 2005 * Low water- feasability of Mountain Lake route < Previous Next >

Link to this message

sethwotten

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 3:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hey Folks,

I was planning on going out on a canoe trip that will pass through Anima Nipissing Lake followed by the Mountain Lake network of portages.

Does anyone forsee any problems throughout this area with regard to the low water levels? Would you recommend switching my route because of it? Keep in mind that I will be with a group of kids from a summer camp.

Thanks

Seth
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 438

Posted on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 10:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

In case no one else answers who has been there recently, I haven't done the trip in many years, but my hunch (and it is just that) is that it shouldn't be a problem - esp. if it rains this week!

Link to this message

pine_sap

Post Number: 12
Posted on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 10:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Seth,

It's been a very long time since I have done the Mountain Lake route. If I recall correctly, there are some fairly grueling portages. If you are taking kids, make sure they are prepared for physical labor. I guess it depends on their age and skill level.
 Link to this message

canoetoowazoo

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, August 9, 2005 - 11:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

i just came back from this route. there is a small lake between breeches and anima nip that is low at the moment. nothing you shouldn't be able to power through as long as your not overloaded.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home