Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through May 19, 2011 * Lower Yorston River < Previous Next >

Link to this message

grncnu

Post Number: 39
Posted on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 8:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

thanks to the other thread about twinkle lake i am now thinking about a possible loop trip starting from there. Has anyone done the lower yorston from linger to the sturgeon recently? i did it upstream in 1992, and it seemed very little travelled as the portages were mostly overgrown.
 Link to this message

alscool

Post Number: 282

Posted on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 9:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I have done the lower Yorston River, twice in recent years, both up and down. Overgrown is a good description. Not much in camping spots either, we made use of the sand bars. This is a trip for spring waterlevels and better to head downstream.
 Link to this message

dock

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 9:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I would like to paddle the lower Yorston
 Link to this message

grncnu

Post Number: 40
Posted on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 7:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

thanks for that alscool- sounds like it hasn't changed much! i'm curious, going downstream did you run that section of fast water, maybe 50-100 yards long, where the river flows through about a 6-foot wide channel with big boulders on either side? only saw it the one time but always wanted to try running it, but this might be ill-advised!
dock, it's highly recommended if you don't mind not doing much actual paddling!

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home