Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through May 19, 2011 * Makobe Lake to Elissa Lake/North Lady Evelyn River < Previous Next >

Link to this message

rachael

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 12:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hello, I've been looking at Temagami information and I'm having a hard time sorting through it all! Can anyone recommended an area somewhat close to an access point that I can find some (relative) solitude? I'm aware its pretty hard to find, especially since I'm planning on going on an extended long weekend. Ideally I'd like to have one long day of paddling and set up camp for the next 3 days.

I'm thinking of Makobe Lake to Elissa Lake/North Lady Evelyn River and(this route: http://www.myccr.com/canoedb/routeDetails.php?rout eid=586) or maybe blueberry??

Is there somewhere else I should be looking? I'll continue searching but any assistance would be very greatly appreciated!

Thanks
 Link to this message

ed

Post Number: 957

Posted on Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 7:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

That is not a good choice for a weekend trip Rachael.The access is difficult for your time allowance.
East of Highway #11 , Blueberry Lake area might work for you.
Curly who posts here has been over that way various times and may respond in the next few days.

In the meantime check out the interactive maps here on ottertooth.com under Temagami.
The Blueberry route is out there somewhere, but may be posted on the Friends of Temagami website.
Hopefully one of us will find it and provide you with a link.
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 1296

Posted on Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 9:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

The map is the Friends website:

http://www.friendsoftemagami.org/images/Blueberry- Loop.jpg
 Link to this message

rachael

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 10:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thank you two so much for your help :-)
 Link to this message

rachael

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 10:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

sorry, one last question. do i need to reserve anything or is it first come first serve?

thanks again!
 Link to this message

ed

Post Number: 959

Posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 11:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

No reservation needed. If you go to Blueberry Lake it is on Crown Land, so if you are a resident of Ontario, no fees apply.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home