Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through May 19, 2011 * Lady Evelyn/Sucker Gut - campsite help... < Previous Next >

Link to this message

valens_one

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, April 29, 2011 - 11:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hello Everyone here at the Ottertooth forums...

First time poster and short term lurker as I had just found this site during my planning into this area - which will also be a first for me.

I am planning to take my 14 foot deep V fishing boat c/w 25 hp four stroke motor into the Lady E. the later part of May. We are staying in the campsites and hope to be inside the park end of the lakes - perhaps in the Sucker Gut area to get some protection from big winds and such.

I have the map showing approximate campsite locations - I am wondering if any one here can suggest campsites that would accomodate my boat with a soft enough shore line to pull up as my boat is too heavy to pull clear of the water. Or locations to out right avoid if they are too rocky for example.

Plus any other information on fishing that anyone would like to share for the spring time of this area...bait, lures, depth ect.

Thanks in advance,

Gord
 Link to this message

ed

Post Number: 1011

Posted on Friday, April 29, 2011 - 3:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Valens: Most of us are canoeists on ottertooth, but there are some fishermen also lurking around and perhaps they can help you, but that may take a few days.
Most guys try to tie their boats out in a small bay in the lee of the wind, but I think you might just have to come up and look around for a suitable site where that is possible.
I don't think you will have a serious problem, but you may have to be a bit creative.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home