Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through October 17, 2011 * New to the area < Previous Next >

Link to this message

ckivell

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 3:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

We are familiar with the Temagami area but now we would like to get out of the vehicle and spend some time there. We are new to canoeing but not to the outdoors. Looking for a quiet route without white water - I am not ready or experienced enough for that. Probably just 2 of us..maybe 4. Lady Evelyn has caught our interest but the info that I am finding is very confusing. If anyone can suggest a 3/4 day route with a few details, we would really appreciate it. Thanks!!
 Link to this message

speeddemon

Post Number: 9
Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 7:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

The Diamond/Obabika loop is fairly easy 2-3 days with time to relax. When were you planning on going?
 Link to this message

alscool

Post Number: 322

Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 9:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

You say new to canoeing which is good to hear!
Temagami is renowned for big; big trees, portages, lakes and wind. The last two can become a problem. I might suggest a trip into Blueberry Lk. The lakes and portages may be more suited to the group and there is old growth forest and some trails as well.

http://www.friendsoftemagami.org/index.php/in-the- news/general-news/49-bluberry-lake-loop-canoe-rout e
 Link to this message

ckivell

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 8:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

We are thinking of last week of July, first week of August or late September. Our biggest concern is motor traffic...peace and quiet is high on our list. I will look into blueberry lake. Thank you...any advice is well received!!

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home