Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through October 17, 2011 * Twinkle < Previous Next >

Link to this message

browaan

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, August 8, 2011 - 9:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Has anyone gone through Twinkle up to Pinetorch and then onto Lewbert. I guessing these are not well traveled. We'll be single tripping and moving well. Is it too ambitious to reach Florence in two night from Twinkle?
 Link to this message

ed

Post Number: 1064

Posted on Tuesday, August 9, 2011 - 7:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Alscool, knows about some recent trips, through there, but he is travelling today and unavailable. Perhaps he will respond when he gets home on Wednesday.
 Link to this message

ed

Post Number: 1065

Posted on Tuesday, August 9, 2011 - 7:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

.....And I think Mehingan was on Pinetorch recently and might know what the water levels were like on Pinetorch Creek.
 Link to this message

alscool

Post Number: 338

Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 4:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I know a couple made there way up Pinetorch Creek to Pinetorch Lake late last week. Worked fine. It is a recently recovered portage but easily found. Some other groups have ventured through Lewbert lake this summer. I understand Skoozgazan Lk Ames and Pinetorch creeks to be getting low. Twinkle access is a good short cut to the back country though you have to work hard getting there.
 Link to this message

micmac

Post Number: 118

Posted on Friday, August 12, 2011 - 9:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I've just returned from a 4 week trip that took me through this area: The portages into and out of Lewbert see little use, but are easily followed: well marked with flagging tape where appropriate, and I cut out any blowdown I encountered.
Water levels in Skooztawgan/Ames Creek are so low that it is almost impassible right now. All beaver lodges in the area are high and dry, and thus, water levels are down in all the smaller lakes.
 Link to this message

browaan

Post Number: 6
Posted on Sunday, August 14, 2011 - 7:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks very much. Time permits, so we're making the trip up to Pukwaska for the White River! In Sept. we'll go to Twinkle.
 Link to this message

ed

Post Number: 1080

Posted on Sunday, August 14, 2011 - 9:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Browaan:
Enjoy the White River and be sure to stop at the new swinging bridge. It was just re-opened a few weeks ago.

The view:

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home