Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through April 3, 2012 * Goulard Road Conditions < Previous Next >

Link to this message

pgill

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, August 9, 2011 - 4:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I am considering starting a trip from the Wawaiagama/Obabika access on Goulard Rd. I drive a Subaru Outback. I would appreciate in current info on the status of the road and parking area.

Thanks.
 Link to this message

ed

Post Number: 1068

Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 8:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

pgill:
The section from the north end of Emerald Lake to the gate was fairly rough this Spring, but I would suspect it has got better over the Summer as things have dried up. You should have no problem with a Subaru going in... just take your time.It may take you as much as an hour to get over this section of road.
When you get to the gate, turn left on the road and park off the road in the old lumber camp area.There is lot's of room in here and some camping spots if you decide not to start your trip that day.All the buildings have been removed.
 Link to this message

micmac

Post Number: 119

Posted on Friday, August 12, 2011 - 9:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

The road up to the gate is rough this year, but I would say no rougher than in some previous years.
Any vehicle with decent ground clearance will do fine as long as you go slow.
I don't feel this road is suitable for small cars anymore.
As of a week ago, the ATVs have really chewed up some spots - especially any uphill sections where they seem to kick up the large rocks.
I had no problems driving a Toyota Rav4.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home