Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through April 3, 2012 * IT technical question < Previous Next >

Link to this message

fireman

Post Number: 181
Posted on Monday, August 29, 2011 - 9:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I do not seem able to print off ALL of some of the maps. I have fiddled with my computer to no avail.
For instance, the road access map for the Upper Sturgeon. It only prints the upper half of the map.
It may be due to City computer limitations. This is not my field of expertise.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Cheers
 Link to this message

alscool

Post Number: 345

Posted on Monday, August 29, 2011 - 10:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

How are you going about printing? printing the page from the explorer print command or right clicking the image and saving the file to print on another platform? Need more info.
 Link to this message

ed

Post Number: 1087

Posted on Monday, August 29, 2011 - 11:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I am guessing that fireman tried to print the page using the print command which will cut off part of the page.(I speak from personal experience)
 Link to this message

grncnu

Post Number: 125
Posted on Monday, August 29, 2011 - 1:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

i had the same problem- use the "set up page" thing and shrink the image (try 75%),then print preview until it fits.
 Link to this message

alscool

Post Number: 346

Posted on Monday, August 29, 2011 - 2:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

perhaps it best to get control of the image and print it from a second program like Photoshop.
If you right click~save as, you will get a clean gif (24" by 11" 72 dpi) without the internet explorer header and footer crap
 Link to this message

fireman

Post Number: 182
Posted on Monday, August 29, 2011 - 8:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

turns out it just cannot be done from the City computers. they do not support photoshop or similar programs, so even after e-mailing it to myself, I still can't get it to print right.
I will have someone do it for me.
I assume these maps are OK to print off in terms of permission from Brian and Ottertooth?
Anyway, thanks for responding, very kind of y'all.
What are the conditions like up in Temagami these days? I am heading up on September 17th.
Have they had reasonable precipitation or is a fire ban likely at this point?
Water on Georgian Bay is up a wee bit, certainly not low.
By the way, I paddled down the Naiscoot River into the Thirty Thousand Islands, up to Geraux Island Coast Guard Station and then back. I camped on Inner Head Island. it is an amazing place to camp. Completely uninterrupted view of Georgian Bay to the west. Lots of flat campsites. No firewood to speak of, but that is easy enough to gather along the way.
All mostly crown land, too. Great paddling in six foot swells with no spray skirts. Warm water and whitecaps breaking on the shoals. Just beautiful. And a nice break from portaging.
Cheers
 Link to this message

grncnu

Post Number: 126
Posted on Monday, August 29, 2011 - 9:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

hopefully it will rain a lot before you go,but as of last week the upper sturgeon was low, as low as i've personally ever seen it, all the way from gervais landing down to the pilgrim triangle. lots of dragging even downstream, you'll become personally acquainted with rocks you never had to worry about before. on the plus side we saw only one other group in 10 days along the sturgeon and upper chiniguchi.
unfortunately from kettle up to paul (the only portion we happened to travel on a week day) you can hear LOUD logging operations just to the west, audible even above the sound of the rapids.
beautiful as ever though.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home