Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through January 25, 2007 * Mississagi River < Previous Next >

Link to this message

mr_pike

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 4:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Looking for info on this section of Grey Owl Country thats 105 miles to the West. Can it be travelled in both directions? Im looking to do the 177km section from Biscotasing to Aubrey falls and return. Going solo but can bring a small outboard to help wrestle the current if needed.
 Link to this message

micmac

Post Number: 3

Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 12:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I have paddled this route on two occasions. It's a fantastic trip, with old growth white pine, and some great fishing. Most of the route is strictly lake travel, with numerous portages connecting the lakes.
The only section of river, is between Bark Lake and Rocky Island Lake. Depending on water levels, (they will be lower later in the season), the river portion is navigable in either direction. When I paddled it, there was no current to speak of.
Enjoy your trip.
MicMac
 Link to this message

navigator

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 6:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

micmac,
What time of year was your trip? I am thinking of doing this trip but my understanding based on Kevin Cullen's book is that there are numerous rapids and even a large waterfall along that strech of river?
Navigator}

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home