Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through May 19, 2007 * 6 Days-Muskego or? < Previous Next >

Link to this message

robin

Post Number: 1

Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 1:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi, My adult son and I are planning a trip to Temagami Region from Monday, Sept 4th till Saturday, Sept 9th.
I have done the Temagami-Diamond-Obabika route and wanted to try something else.
I have Haps book and route map, how about putting in at Mowat Landing and heading down thru Lady Evelyn and going into the Muskego region?
Or, what about the loop down the Lady Evelyn to Hobart-Anvil-Skull-Mendelson and down the Montreal to Mowat Landing?
Is six days ok for the Hobart route?
Is it ok to leave a truck at Mowat Landing for a week?
Where do you buy park permits for non residents on a Monday morning?
Thanks, Robin
 Link to this message

temagami_bob

Post Number: 31

Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 6:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Check out Temagami's most recently rehabilitated route. Portages there won't be in this good shape for awhile!

http://www.nastawgan.ca/breezeloop.html
 Link to this message

ed

Post Number: 361

Posted on Monday, August 28, 2006 - 8:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Robin:
The Muskego River may not have much water in it at this time of year. Some others are thinking about going there and may report on their success/ or lack thereof in the next few weeks.
You could also consider going through the Sugar Lake Conservation Reserve and doing a loop through there.
The Lady Evelyn - Hobart route could likely be done in 6 days, but there are about 14 or so portges to do as you travel North into and through Mendelssohn,including a fairly long one.

It will take a few hard days to get through that lot.

Information on purchasing park permits can be obtained by going to :
http://www.ottertooth.com/Temagami/Canoeing/parks. htm

There have been no reports of vandalism this season at the access points, but it can occur at anytime. Make sure your vehicle is locked and that there are no personal belongings of value visible through the windows.
 Link to this message

robin

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 7:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Well, Temagami Bob, I really would like to check out the Lady Evelyn area, but thanks for the info.
Ed, Thanks also, after some more searching thru Haps old book, I think we might paddle into the Sugar Lake loop, then explore LE. We hope to put in Sunday morning at the latest, then come out Saturday eve.
I'll stop at Temagami Outfitters for permits and other items we might need.
Thanks about the info on parking. Just being careful, and I always open the glove box and use a seat belt to hold the seat forward so anyone can see I have nothing inside the truck.
I searched on the site here, lots of great info. Thanks for the help.
Robin (we will be paddling a green wood canvas Chestnut if anyone else is around, say Hi)

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home