Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through August 3, 2012 * Ice on smaller lakes < Previous Next >

Link to this message

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2012 - 12:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hello all,

We are headed up to the temagami area (still not confirmed exactly where yet...but we have a few choices) the first weekend of February. We will be skiing on small lakes and I just wanted to gauge how safe the ice conditions will be. Its been a crazy warm winter in wanted to see if anyone can comment on some of the lakes. I know every lake is different, but in general how many inches are on the lakes (smaller ones
 Link to this message

Post Number: 40
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2012 - 7:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hey hotplate....check out "Temagami lakes association" web page check out photos...a road is already being plowed on lake Temagami...usually the last to freeze if it is frozen enough to start plowing, Im sure the smaller lakes have plenty of ice...
 Link to this message

Post Number: 1385

Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 9:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Photos from this week: aerial2.htm
 Link to this message

Post Number: 73

Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 8:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks Brian for mentioning Daniel in the Temagami Ice photos this week:
4. Trap-cabin on Log Lake, between Bob Lake and Sharp Rock Inlet with no evidence of use by missing hiker Daniel Trask, thought to be in the area.
See Temagami forum on Ottertooth for more info st=15999#POST15999

There will certainly be more people venturing into the Temagami backcountry now that they can safely get around, hoping someone will see signs of Daniel !

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home