Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through August 3, 2012 * South Lady Evelyn access < Previous Next >

Link to this message

canoedog

Post Number: 39
Posted on Friday, February 10, 2012 - 9:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Most reports I've seen refer to accessing the South Lady Evelyn River via the portages through Apex L to Whitemud L. The Temagami canoe planning map shows a portage to the SLE south of Whitemud L from the 2 pond north of McCulloch L. Anyone know if this is a viable route?
 Link to this message

scouter_joe

Post Number: 6
Posted on Friday, February 10, 2012 - 7:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

My son and I did this in the late 90s . The first couple of Ks required quite a bit of dragging but it is totally doable scouter Joe
 Link to this message

yellowcanoe

Post Number: 126

Posted on Friday, February 10, 2012 - 11:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Good to know. I'll be taking that one too.
 Link to this message

canoedog

Post Number: 40
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2012 - 9:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I was referring in particular to the 1090 port out of the 2nd pond north of McCullogh Lk into the South Lady Evelyn River south of Whitemud Lk as shown on the Temagami routes planning map.
 Link to this message

shearjoy

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 9:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I was on that portage two years ago and it was easy to follow, not too overgrown. The takeout is obvious from the pond. The start on the SLE was marked by flagging tape or it would have been very difficult to find. There is a log bridge over the river at that point, but you really have to walk from there over to the tree line before you see a trail.
 Link to this message

canoedog

Post Number: 41
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 8:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks Shearjoy, I'm planning a trip starting at the Sturgeon R through Scarecrow etc and that will save a fair bit of portaging without having to use the ports up to Apex before accessing the river.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home