Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through August 2, 2004 * Backcountry User Maintenance < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 26, 2004ed15 04-26-04  11:34 am
Archive through June 10, 2004brian15 06-10-04  6:09 pm
  ClosedNew messages will be added after most recent message, not on archived pages        

Link to this message

Post Number: 38
Posted on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 9:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Re: Chee-bay-jing trail
There was still a big pile a lumber and stack of ties there, so I guess they will be working again this year. There was a notice on the lumber about this being a project by Ontario Parks in conjunction with Project Canoe and MEC.

What is Project Canoe?

About the Rangers:
Would they have seriously expected us to produce permits? Last I heard, there was something said about getting them at Finlayson Point (?). That’s pretty far out of the way considering the routes one can use to get into the Backcountry. I also spoke with a Parks guy at a show this past spring and he did not think they would be set up for permits this year – although this guy was a quite young and I had to show him on the map where the Parks in Temagami were.

Side Note:
On this trip we saw no other canoe trippers, a few motorized fisherman on Lady Eve Lake and a couple of guys on the River who were base camped and fishing, but that was it. The land and waters were beautiful, garbage was rare and fire wood was plenty.
 Link to this message

Post Number: 39
Posted on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 9:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

PS - Brian:

Is that you on the Bomber Biffy? The date seems about right. I thought you were afraid of flying?
 Link to this message

Post Number: 217

Posted on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 12:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Project CANOE is a youth camp for those who are challenging and is located on the Northeast Arm of Lake Temagami.

I don't have a pilot's license so that can't be me.
 Link to this message

Post Number: 71

Posted on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 2:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

You can always submit your permit request by phone and have it mailed out to you in time for your trip.That way you don't have to go to Temagami to pick it up.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home