Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through August 3, 2012 * Water levels - Kokoko 2012 < Previous Next >

Link to this message

ronkmarsh

Post Number: 13
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 12:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi Folks, my crew are planning a trip to Kokoko Lake this year in early June. Any ideas of what water levels are expected to be...I know...rain...sun...dams...are all factors. Last time we went in (2 years ago), it was shallow up the river...and there was a fire ban. Thanks for any help..!
 Link to this message

irishfield

Post Number: 348

Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 4:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

3rd week of Feb.. lake was nicely up and enough water flowing out that kokoko bay below was dangerously open near the portage entrance... (compared to a dry creek bed in summer 2010) but who knows with the early melts etc. Temagami did have a better snow base than places even 20 miles down the road.
 Link to this message

ronkmarsh

Post Number: 14
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 8:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

thanks irishfield...i remember you from two years ago...you were helpful then to me as well. we did diamond lake last year (fly-in) and can't wait to get back to kokoko this year. it's like going home for me and my brothers. cheers.
 Link to this message

puddle_jumper

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 7:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hey Ronkmarsh. Did you end up going to Kokoko? I'm heading up next weekend, Will be my 15th year in a row. Just love that lake!
How was the trip? Fishing? Portaging?

thanks

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home