Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through August 23, 2007 * Red Squirrel Road - Condition < Previous Next >

Link to this message

rob_in_angus

Post Number: 33
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2007 - 9:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Heading up the RSR on Thursday and was wondering if anybody knows what kind of conditions I should expect.

I read about Ed bringing along some equipment for clearing trees and whatnot and I am starting to wonder what I should prepare for.
 Link to this message

alscool

Post Number: 124

Posted on Monday, April 30, 2007 - 9:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Check your spare for inflation.
I would not worry about clearing the road into the parking area. It is in a fairly young pine plantation, so blow down is unlikely and if any you should be able to drag away with your truck and a decent rope.

Bring a decent cardboard box and you could pick up some of the broken beer bottles and post trip trash that some like to leave behind. It will be the Great North American Wilderness Clean-up by the time you return.
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 678

Posted on Monday, April 30, 2007 - 9:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I haven't been up the road this year, but, as always with bush roads, be prepared.

Having said that, this is the RSR and it is used by all sorts, including the regular users, Wanapitei. So the road will be open, just a question of how rough a ride. If there is, or will be, logging up the road this year, then it will be graded. Curly will know the answer to this.
 Link to this message

mrs_mathias

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 7:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Alex and I were up there the first week in May and there is a washout about 20 km down the road but you can make it by going around it.
 Link to this message

ed

Post Number: 429

Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 2:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hello Mary!

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home