Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through August 3, 2012 * Friends of Temagami Adventure Planning Map < Previous Next >

Link to this message

curly

Post Number: 335

Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 3:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Just received a box full of the FOT's new Temagami Adventure Planning Map. Way cool! See me at the Friends of the La Vase Portages Canoe Night, this Friday in North Bay, if you want to pick up a copy for $30. Will also be showing it off at the Temiskaming Shores Chamber of Commerce Tourism Area Exchange tomorrow at the community centre in Temagami North.

If you picked up a copy at the KW Canoe Symposium last weekend, we'd love to hear what you think.
 Link to this message

trasker

Post Number: 94

Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 4:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

It's a great map! I got one at the K-W Symposium his past Sat. It's currently laid out on our pool table, we are using it to plan our spring search for Daniel, rather than going through 3 seperate maps, nice to have the Temagami backcountry all on one map. The paleohistoric points of interest are potential areas that would be of interest to Daniel. "Thanks" for making this an easier task.

http://www.ottertooth.com/discus/messages/3/43600. html?1321550457
 Link to this message

canoehead

Post Number: 14
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 8:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

A great map indeed,bought my copy at KW canoe symposium as well
 Link to this message

alscool

Post Number: 363

Posted on Friday, April 20, 2012 - 4:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Maureen,

I just wanted to relay that your note above was quite moving for me. As principal cartographer on the project, I was so pleased to learn that the FOT map was deemed useful in your search for Daniel. I wish you success in your search.
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 1424

Posted on Monday, April 23, 2012 - 7:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Here's an Ottertooth story on the map:

http://www.ottertooth.com/Temagami/News/12/FOTmap. htm
 Link to this message

chris

Post Number: 122

Posted on Monday, April 23, 2012 - 8:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Congratulations Alex!

A fine "craft product" indeed - you should be very proud.

Chris
 Link to this message

grncnu

Post Number: 196
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2012 - 10:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

just bought my copy! congrats alscool & all involved.
 Link to this message

shutter_speed

Post Number: 26

Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 9:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I picked mine up at the KW--it looks great!! Well worth the time and effort put into it by the FOT!
 Link to this message

jonebgood

Post Number: 15

Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 11:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Maps can be ordered on-line and can be shipped either folded or rolled. A painless way to purchase.
I just ordered a rolled map.
 Link to this message

maramar

Post Number: 34
Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 7:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

A great map indeed! See my comment in my other post under "Muskego and TAP map question"
 Link to this message

grncnu

Post Number: 207
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 1:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

map recieved in good order, rolled up in a tube, about a week ago, but the thing is so huge i didn't clear enough space to look at it till yesterday!
fantastic achievement and again "kudos" to all involved. great to have a single map covering the whole area or as brian put it "one map to rule them all"! (and in the darkness bind them...)
i really like the indication of pictographs and other points of interest, and would only add (this is by no means a criticism) that there seems to be some room on the sheet for more points of interest or descriptions of terrain- though i appreciate the fact that you have been scrupulous about not cluttering it up with subjective opinions, etc., and i agree with your approach that everything on the map should be "authoritative",i.e. generally recognized.
well done!

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home