Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through August 23, 2007 * Temagami's Endangered Canoe Routes < Previous Next >

Link to this message

sundown

Post Number: 133
Posted on Thursday, June 7, 2007 - 9:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Good Morning

I would like to bring attention to Temagami's Endangered Canoe Routes 2007, which can be viewed
here, Nasatawgan Network, Friends of Temagami, and CCR.

If anyone has a comment, please visit those sites and provide comment, solution, or support.

My Traditional Area is North of Lady Evelyn to Timmins, from Quebec Border to Gogama, though I
was responsible in my MNR years for Aerial Detection further west to Wawa and North to Attawapiskat. I am very intimately familiar with
all waterways in this area.

The Endangered Routes 2007, are a few of literally hundreds across my area of familiarity.
Roula and I have decided to undertake to do whatever we might do this paddling season to effect a change, or changes, to as many of these threats as possible.

We are not particularly "Anti-Anything" that is respectful to our Northern Land... we are not
militant in anyway.

Stay tuned for a full list of the Routes we hope
to Maintain and Rehab in 2007. All are welcome to
join in on these trips/efforts, or to contact other groups or individuals in other areas, as
referenced above.

This is a personal posting on behalf of Roula and I, based on our Area of Familiarity, and will
involve the Canyon Lake Route, on the Makobe System, as referenced on Endangered Routes 2007.

Please offer assistance if possible, but especially your comments, concerns, ideas, and solutions.

We appreciate it.

Sundown/Lillydipper

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home