Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through February 24, 2013 * Kokoko...and eggs < Previous Next >

Link to this message

Post Number: 49
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 9:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Another last minute request gang...anyone been into Kokoko this year, paddling up from boatline bay? How is the water level up through the narrows and any specific campsites on Kokoko anyone would recommend?

Also, heard somewhere, maybe here on ottertooth, that eggs do not actually have to be refigerated and so can be taken on trips. Any truth to this?
 Link to this message

Post Number: 222
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 10:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

we always take a dozen eggs (6 days worth) and they keep fine for that long even in the hottest weather. do buy fresh eggs, at a farm if possible! in the spring or fall i think they'd last a week and a half or so.
 Link to this message

Post Number: 24
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 5:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Here is a website discussing eggs/storage o-be-refrigerated/

My experience is that if you buy eggs fresh from the farmer ( unwashed ) and turn them in their carton twice a week you will have no problem in keeping them in your pack for 2 weeks. I only quit taking them along when for health reasons it was necessary to reduce my pack weights down to bare essentials. A lot of little luxuries had to go.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home