Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through February 24, 2013 * Canoe route suggestions - 14 day route < Previous Next >

Link to this message

geri

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, August 3, 2012 - 12:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi there,

6 of us young folk are heading out on a trip in a few weeks and we've got 14 days on the water. We'd like to be somewhere beautiful, quiet and remote. Flatwater. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
 Link to this message

geri

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, August 3, 2012 - 1:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Just wanted to add, we are all healthy, seasoned paddlers and not afraid of some good work! Thanks!
 Link to this message

trasker

Post Number: 156

Posted on Friday, August 3, 2012 - 6:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

"Paddle with Purpose": If you are in the area (NE arm of Diamond Lake) please be aware and on the lookout for our son, Daniel Trask, missing since Nov. 3, 2011. If you want to turn your trip into a "search", we would be grateful and can share more details with you. If not, still keep an eye out for signs of Daniel.

See forum posting, July 21st for map showing where items were found so far: ALERT-Missing Person
 Link to this message

grncnu

Post Number: 234
Posted on Friday, August 3, 2012 - 11:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

in 14 days in temagami you won't be able to stay 100% on flatwater, but all rapids have portages...
i'd consider temagami-obabika-wakimika-misabi route to bluesucker-solace-regan-scarecrow-smoothwater-sunn ywater-gamble-l.e.r.-diamond-temagami.
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 1452

Posted on Saturday, August 4, 2012 - 8:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Most everywhere in Temagami is beautiful. With 14 days you should consider, as obvious options, the Trout Streams, Maple Mountain, Ishpatina, Florence, and Wolf.
 Link to this message

truenorth

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, August 8, 2012 - 10:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Geri, my brother and I spent a dozen days in Temagami in August of 2009. It was one of our favourite canoe trips. Take a look at the following post if you want some more details and ideas. We have even talked about doing the trip again!

http://albinger.me/2009/09/

Temagami is full of possibilities! Have fun narrowing it down- and embracing it.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home