Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through June 27, 2013 * Chiniguchi canoe route < Previous Next >

Link to this message

flutterby

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2012 - 8:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi,
I'm looking for a 5 day canoe route in the Chiniguchi region, and have a few questions. I was thinking of doing a loop from Wanapitei up to McConnell Bay and back. Is this doable in 5 days? Which direction should the route go? Is there any permit process that one must go through to canoe here?
Thanks. This is a great forum.
 Link to this message

eddy_turn

Post Number: 21

Posted on Monday, August 20, 2012 - 10:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

From Crystal portage on Matagamasi to McConnell bay by the way of Dewdney lake is one long day, weather permitting. My timing was 11 hours, double carrying portages. Marjorie route is more difficult if not longer, same goes for Laura creek route. Any of these 3 options is reasonably easily done in 2 days one way, same disclaimer applies. As for directions, I'd prefer going South both through Marjorie, because of a single portage out of Laundry lake, and through Laura creek, going in downstream direction.
You don't need permits for this trip if you are resident of Canada, otherwise you do.
 Link to this message

flutterby

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 3:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

That's a great help -- thank you!

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home