Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through June 27, 2013 * Favorite camp site on Temagami proper < Previous Next >

Link to this message

dergon_darkhelm

Post Number: 78
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 - 3:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

So my friends and I have some extensive cottage work to do this year which is going to make a canoe trip a no go.

We're thinking about jumping into our small boat on the hub of the lake and just towing a couple canoes to go camp and fish.

So I wanted to ask what camp site and places you all like on the main Lake or accessible from the mainlake via boat. I tend to default to Cross Lake myself but might try something different.
 Link to this message

grncnu

Post Number: 246
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 12:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

even though i've never camped there for one reason or another, i always liked sealrock point as a lunch spot. it has tremendous views north and south, as good as anything on the lake. it can be windy however, and i haven't been there in a number of years.
last time i was there, there was a resident groundhog, of all things (unless it was a hoary marmot, which it resembled, but they aren't supposed to be in ontario), which clearly ruled the locale and was not at all afraid of strangers, but i don't know if his or her progeny still exist.
 Link to this message

andrewh

Post Number: 82
Posted on Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 9:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Kokoko Bay has great campsites and not much boat traffic. You can jump into many smaller lakes from there, and also into the larger Kokoko Lake.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home