Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through June 27, 2013 * Route Info needed < Previous Next >

Link to this message

bryan

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 3:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Anyone have information on the route between Opikinimika Lake and the Wanapitei River through Meteor and Shoofly??? I know Bruce Hodgins has been through there, Keewaydin in 2002??

Another spot in a route between the Montreal River south of Gowganda over to Wapus Creek south of Bridal Veil Falls through Kidglove and Holt.

I appreciate anything anyone has to offer. Thanks.
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 1481

Posted on Friday, September 28, 2012 - 10:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I did it in 1976 with Keewaydin and all the portages were there, but one. Another camp section has gone through more recently and found where the route was, explaining the missing portage. It will take me some time to find who it was and the info. I trust this isn't urgent.
 Link to this message

bush_pilot

Post Number: 224

Posted on Friday, September 28, 2012 - 10:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

There has been a lot of logging activity in the Shoofly area in the last few years!
 Link to this message

bryan

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 8:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks for the info. I noticed the logging on the satellite photos!!! I'd be concerned that they have wiped out any portages that were there. Brian if you don't mind looking into things anyway, yes lots of time. I appreciate your efforts.
 Link to this message

grncnu

Post Number: 250
Posted on Tuesday, October 2, 2012 - 1:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

not sure what you mean by your second route but haven't hauled out the 1:50,000s. would be curious.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home