Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through April 9, 2008 * South Temagami River Area - How do I get involved? < Previous Next >

Link to this message

bigwolf

Post Number: 17
Posted on Friday, August 3, 2007 - 9:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I have been fairly quiet on this forum over the last two years, but quietly absorbing the various conversations. And first of all I want to say thank you for all the great information and secondly for being active and vocal around one of the most beautiful area's in the world. Although I live in Ottawa, my home is Temagami or to be truthful, the area below the Temagami...Island Lake (Thistle Lake) below the Red Cedar and above the south Temagami River. It's been my home since I was 3 (1967)and I know the lakes, the woods and the river like I know or love anything else.

Here is my question:

Many of you are working hards at preserving the Temagami area (mostly the northern or central parts of Temagami). Some of you are very active in the Chiniguchi area. Hats off to you all. Who is active and vocal for the area that I love and want to preserve as best I can. How can I become active? I am ready to work with others and develop a "working strategy and plan". I want to secure/preserve this area as best as possible. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I am ready to put time, energy, money and resources into helping if I can ensure that I can gather support and what we do will make a difference.

All advice welcome.
 Link to this message

curly

Post Number: 80

Posted on Saturday, August 4, 2007 - 10:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Definitely the Marten River/Nipissing North/Temagami River areas are valuable places that don't get the respect or press they deserve. Good on you for stepping up to the plate. You are needed!

Drop the Nastawgan Network a line at onecanoe nastawgan ca and we'll get you set up.
 Link to this message

bigwolf

Post Number: 19
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 7:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Curly,

Just got back from the area. Appreciate your thoughts and support. Will contact the network and do some more research to see how to best support common objectives.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home