Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through April 9, 2008 * Help! Lost my paddle in Chinguichi area < Previous Next >

Link to this message

kevin_callan

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, August 9, 2007 - 10:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hello,

I just got back from a 12 day trip (with my 3 year old daughter) in the Chiniguichi area and need your help retrieving my spare paddle. I left it on the take-out of the first portage leading from the Matagami's East Channel towards the top end of Donald. A friend, Mike Kipp, made it for me and its been on a lot of trips. Let me know if anyone finds it.

Kevin Callan
callan@sympatico.ca
705-748-9984
 Link to this message

simon

Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 11:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Kevin,

I hope you find it. I'm planning a trip there later in September (based on the route in your book - I just bought my own copy yesterday!) - I'm sure it will be returned to you by then.

I hope this isn't opportunistic, given your post is a request for assistance, but I'm planning to do the Chiniguchi loop with my 5-year old son (he's done the Bell loop at Killarney and a few others, so can portage) and wife - and am wondering if the water levels on the Laura Creek side would be good enough to do the whole loop, or if we should come back the other side of Chiniguchi Lake. I'd love to see the pictographs if possible.

I hope you get your paddle back.

Simon

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home