Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through June 27, 2013 * New to the area < Previous Next >

Link to this message

readyin10

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2013 - 9:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I was hoping to take a couple of friends to the area, especially Paradise Lagoon, but this is vigin territory to me. Are portages marked? Like with a sign or blaze? Where can I get detailed maps? We're used to travelling in Algonquin, where lets face it life is pretty easy. Any help would be great Thanks in advance.
 Link to this message

grncnu

Post Number: 256
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 12:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

all portages in that area are well marked. if you are used to portaging in algonquin you won't have any problems, depending as always on conditions. there are excellent maps on this website which cover every corner of it in detail. the general area is called the chiniguchi by the way.
 Link to this message

ed

Post Number: 1210

Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 7:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

go here:
http://www.ottertooth.com/Temagami/Sites/chiniguch i.htm
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 1505

Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 10:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

In Chiniguchi, for an Algonquin traveller, I wouldn't say well marked with signs. However, if you know where they are, the landings and trails are obvious as most are well used (by Temagami standards).
 Link to this message

scottb

Post Number: 26

Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 12:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi Brian -Is there a biology centre/cabin on Wolf? I went for a truck ride to the Bridge at the north six weeks ago. I have some funding for my school to provide an outdoor experience, and my Mathias trip proposal was turned down because of water travel. Tanya McCubbin was telling me of a research centre on Wolf. Do you know of anyone that could give a one-day hiking tour?
 Link to this message

readyin10

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 2:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks everyone!
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 1506

Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 9:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I know of no research centre on Wolf, nor see that happening as it is both under mining leases and a candidate park. With regard to someone giving a hiking tour, Curly might know.
 Link to this message

scottb

Post Number: 27

Posted on Friday, January 25, 2013 - 10:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Here is a pic I took this December from the North End of Wolf Lake. I was standing on the bridge looking south.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo_explorer#view=photo &position=34&with_photo_id=85157788&order=date_des c&user=6251124

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home