Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through June 27, 2013 * Sturgeon River Trip Spring of 2013 < Previous Next >

Link to this message

gunnel_grabbers

Post Number: 1

Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 12:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Our canoe group is looking for a trip for this spring. We have our first meeting on Sunday January 27, 2013. I have been looking at the Sturgeon River and wonder if this can be planned for a 6 to 7 day trip with a couple layover days. We do not want anything much over 50 miles. We have completed over 40 trips since 1971 and enjoy visiting new areas and rivers. With the potential of low water again this spring we are going to consider going in May rather then our usual June trip. Visit our site at: http://gunnelgrabbers.freeservers.com

Thank you for your input
 Link to this message

grncnu

Post Number: 257
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 12:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

you won't be disappointed by the sturgeon. 5-7 days is very doable for the upper/central section, starting from gervais road. i would look at the ottertooth maps, think about access points, and start planning... if you decide to go you might want to get hap wilson's guidebook on temagami which has a detailed decription of the route.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home