Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through April 9, 2008 * Route Advice < Previous Next >

Link to this message

slashyertires

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 10:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hello

I am looking to do the rabbit lake, matabitchuan river back down trhrough glasford, burwash and up to rabbit lake again. has anyone done this route and what would it be like this time of year?

Cheers
t
 Link to this message

scott

Post Number: 6
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 9:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi Slash,

I did this route last year.

The water was lower last, than this year, so you shouldn't have any problems. A few minor c1/swifts on the Matabitchuan that you should be able to run. There's a small blowdown on the portage from the unnamed lake just south of Glasford, into Mcdonald Creek just before Maxam L. Other than that, it's an easy, pretty little route that doesn't seem to get much traffic.

I know this because I just got back last night after base camping on Glasford, and taking a couple of wilderness newbies and exploring Maxam, Cooper, McDonald Creek. We saw only a few other canoes the entire week we there.

If you get a chance, I'd also recommend hiking the Grand Campment Trail. We just did it this past Tuesday. and it makes for a great day hike through some really varied terrain.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home