Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through June 27, 2013 * Anima Nipissing Loop Trip < Previous Next >

Link to this message

canoedog

Post Number: 47
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 8:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Trip report from last September - Anima Nip- Diamond-Sirdevan-Isbister-Whitewater-Anima Nip
http://www.canoedog.ca/2013/01/anima-nipissing-lak e-loop-2012.html
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 1507

Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 9:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks for the report. I am surprised you saw someone every day, especially in September.
 Link to this message

canoedog

Post Number: 48
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 11:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

The folks at the outpost on Sidevan were still there the morning we left. I actually talked to the pilot, he didn't know the portage to Goss was there, claimed he'd never seen it or knew about it but it's there! They were the only ones we saw on the route from Sirdevan to Turner Lake the next day.
 Link to this message

ed

Post Number: 1211

Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 4:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Nice report Canoedog. Good to see that you are out canoeing now that you have more leisure time.

How is your dog Sasha(?)doing. Was she with you on this trip?
 Link to this message

canoedog

Post Number: 49
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 5:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi Ed, unfortunately Sasha has passed on. Our other Golden -Lily is also getting on in age and she only comes along on the easier trips these days. How's Pepper doing? Still have to laugh about how Pepper and Sasha sorted things out at the COTS in 2005 - that's your end of the point, this is mine - with Pepper in charge!
 Link to this message

grncnu

Post Number: 258
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2013 - 12:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

very good trip report.
the wasp nest is interesting, i've never seen that either!
 Link to this message

ed

Post Number: 1212

Posted on Friday, January 25, 2013 - 10:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Sorry to hear about Sasha.
Pepper is still going strong, now 12 years old. She managed 2, month long trips last year.One in the early spring in Chiniguchi area and the other in the Boreal in August.
She is not as agressive now with other dogs, but still hasn't figured out that size should matter when you are only a little runt of a JRT.
 Link to this message

doublebend

Post Number: 40
Posted on Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 10:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Seems those pictographs near the Whitewater Lake portage are quite elusive.
We once encountered a pair of canoeists paddling down the south end of Anima Nip searching for pictographs. We informed them they'd just passed a gallery on a cliff on the west shore and took them back to view the pictographs.
Turned out they were camped at the WWL portage and an outfitter had told them about several locations, including the WWL pictos, but they were having trouble finding any of them.
Next day we were heading out through Whitewater and paused to scan the area for rock art. There they were on the face immediately below the campsite area. These poor guys had been sleeping right on top of the pictographs they couldn't find!

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home