Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through September 18, 2013 * Exploring Lake Temagami - Trip Report < Previous Next >

Link to this message

rwaywell

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 10:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

This is a trip that we did 5 years ago, back in 2008. I was a bit slow starting to write it up and then ran into computer issues and never quite got around to it. Fortunately Wendy had kept notes during the trip and combined with the pictures I've finally tracked down, I think I've done a decent job piecing the trip report back together.

http://www.loonislandoutdoors.com/TripReports/Lake Temagami/LakeTemagami.php

The trip didn't work out at all like we had planned it. I think we really were being too ambitious trying to do the Temagami-Diamond-Wakimika-Obabika loop in 5 days given how young the kids were then. The good news was that we accepted the facts fairly quickly which let us adapt and make it a great experience for everyone.
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 1515

Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 9:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Lessons learned. Every trip has one of those lists.
 Link to this message

limacharley

Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 3:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

cool trip; and even cooler that you did it with your family.
enjoyed the pics; too bad about the rain and the nasty campsite on the 1st night.
one more lesson learned if I may....
plan the menu with all involved. you wont get complaints that way.
cheers}
 Link to this message

rwaywell

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 9:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

We don't usually dwell on the weather but if I recall correctly that whole summer had been pretty wet and dreary. I remember days on other trips where it was grey, overcast and raining the whole day but the peace and silence just made them beautiful.

Oh, and for the menu - there is always that balance between asking for input and making the kids eat something healthy. These days the kids don't just help plan the menu, they help dehydrate and pack everything too.

Link to this message

canoeguitar

Posted on Friday, March 22, 2013 - 3:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I've often thought about touring around Lake Temagami. Maybe some year in the shoulder season when cottage traffic is a bit quieter.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home