Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami canoe routes & backcountry travel * Archive through July 18, 2008 * Winter Maple Mountain travel < Previous Next >

Link to this message

rallupae

Post Number: 39

Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 9:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Call me crazy, but I find myself pondering what winter is like in the Lady Evelyn Lake/Sucker Gut/Hobart/Tupper/Maple Mountain route. As some of you know, I was up there this past late-August.

So, what is it like, if anyone can tell me? I'd like to know how accessible is Hwy 558 to Mowatt Landing, does the water freeze in the Montreal River, Lady Evelyn Lakes, and Suckert Gut in on to Tupper and Maple Mountain. Watching weather reports for the Latchford area, I do know that it is cold - don't have to tell me that one.

What I do want to know is does one snowshoe, Ski-doo (don't think so though in the parks??), climb Maple Mountain?

Thanks for fueling the canoe tripper in me over this winter.
 Link to this message

brookieman

Post Number: 13
Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 1:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Well i was up there this Sept and that's quite a journey in the snow. Good for you to even consider it. I'm sure it's possible to make this trip but i don't know the first thing about ice and snow conditions in this area.

I can say without any doubt that winter winds and driving snow on Maple Mountain would be a site to be seen!

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home