Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * James Bay Project * Is the Rupert Gone ??? !!!! < Previous Next >

Link to this message

samdawg

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, February 5, 2009 - 10:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

According to this site http://rupertriver.blogspot.com/ the Rupert has been damed !! This is the headline
"In case you missed it, the Rupert River is pretty much destroyed. I'm surprised at how quickly the hands of man were able to dismantle such a strong force of nature and rearrange it to serve our purposes. Check out these pictures of what was still a pristine wilderness just months ago... many more pictures displayed proudly on the Hydro Quebec website:" I only got ot visit the river once and was planning on returning this spring it saddens me so.Please if you have any information on the condition of Némiscau Lake on Rupert River please inform me.Thank You Joe Valone Batavia, NY
 Link to this message

undecidable
Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 12:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I was up there last August on my motorcycle on a trip up to Chisabi and the river was still running pretty strong compared to the videos I'd seen before the daming. Still worth the trip to check out. Beautiful area up there. Will have to do a canoe trip up there sometime.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
Only registered users may post messages here. If you have cookies enabled, your username and password will automatically appear in the boxes. Register
Password:
Action:

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home