Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * North northeast * McPhadyen River Trip Partners wanted < Previous Next >

Link to this message

dennis_pollock

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, July 1, 2007 - 4:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi, I'm looking to do a two week trip in the area south east of Shefferville. I've been in the area of Howell Lake three times but each trip was for a week only. This time I'd like to take the train up to Menihek, head east up through Howell and Zoloski Lakes and east further then southward to hook up to the McPhadyen River and ride it to Faden and take train back to Sept Isles. This would be a two week trip, covering a minimum or 105 miles depending on the route. It's nice country. The train schedule and proceedures have changed for the better. The boats go on the same train now with passengers and the train goes up and back TWICE a week now.
Ideally we would go in early September but I'm flexible. I may have someone else on this end. Male or female is fine. Interested?
 Link to this message

dennis_pollock

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, July 6, 2007 - 8:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hey, this is an incredible place, alot of tundra, thousands of lakes, rivers,.... not that had to get to. Consider it. Flexible dates.
 Link to this message

dennis_pollock

Post Number: 7
Posted on Sunday, October 7, 2007 - 7:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Well, this trip did not go this year but I'm looking to do this trip next August (2008) of possibly September... email me if you are interested. Sept-Isles Quebec , the train station, is about 8-9 hours north west of Quebec City, on the North Shore of the St. Lawrence. 413 655-8247
 Link to this message

dennis_pollock

Post Number: 9
Posted on Saturday, March 8, 2008 - 12:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

The trip is on for the first two weeks of August '08 with several partners signed on. If you want more info, e-mail me. Dennis Pollock
 Link to this message

eric

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, November 1, 2008 - 10:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Dennis -- I'm new to this forum. I'm wondering if you made the trip and if so, is there a trip report somewhere to read. I'm interested in making the trip myself.
 Link to this message

jrak
Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 6:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Eric, two of us are paddling the Mcphadyen this July 2009, and we're looking for paddlers who are interested. Maybe you'd like to come with us. Arne.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
Only registered users may post messages here. If you have cookies enabled, your username and password will automatically appear in the boxes. Register
Password:
Action:

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home