Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Off-topic * Day of a 1000 Canoes < Previous Next >

Link to this message

fot

Post Number: 7

Posted on Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 9:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi all,

Day of a 1000 Canoes is back again on saturday June 22, with a day of canoeing, biking or hiking along the Grand River from Caledonia to Cayuga. Friends of Temagami is happy to be a part of this great event once more. We will be set up at the half way point (town of York) and look forward to chatting with everyone there.

http://1000canoes.com/

See you then!

(Message edited by fot on June 16, 2013)
 Link to this message

canoehead
Post Number: 21
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 11:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Well,we talked Temagami to many people in Caledonia this weekend. There were six of us at the booth we set up. It was very hot,I believe it was 34 C with the humidex. We folded up our booth around 3 Pm and joined the paddlers down to Cayuga. Now we did arrive early and paddled down to our booth site in York and did enjoy stopping at the only Tim Horton's paddle thru ever, in which they hand you your coffee with a paddle with cut holes to fit a cup,over the water into your canoe!! We paddled an approx. distance of 19Km and saw many Blue Huron's and fisherman along the way. Water levels were a little better then last year,not as much bumping and grinding on rocks this year. One vintage aircraft from Airplane museum out of Hamilton did fly over us ! I believe close to 360 canoes attended the event !

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
Only registered users may post messages here. If you have cookies enabled, your username and password will automatically appear in the boxes. Register
Password:
Action:

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home