Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Off-topic * Archive through August 15, 2007 * Canoe information < Previous Next >

Link to this message

ausablerat

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, July 3, 2005 - 6:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I'm new to Ottertooth.com, but I love canoeing and the outdoors. I'm starting this thread as a means to get some information on a canoe that I recently picked up at a yard sale. The name of the canoe manufacturer is called "Dolphin Canoe Co." based in Wabasha, Minn. The model of this canoe is the "Chief". The serial tag has 3342 stamped on it. The canoe is fiberglass and measures in at approx. 16'4". This canoe is in near mint condition, and the person I purchased this from had it hanging from the barn rafters for over 18 yrs. And he was told by the person who sold it to him, that it was made back in the late 60's. I can't seem to find any information out about this canoe at all, including the internet. I picked this up to float the Ausable river, which can get a little shallow in spots. And after giving this boat a good look over, mixed with the lack of info I'm able to get on this canoe. I'm having doubts about using this craft on the Ausable. Can anyone out there shed some light on this canoe, or at least point me in a direction, where I could find some much needed information?
 Link to this message

ed

Post Number: 215

Posted on Monday, July 4, 2005 - 8:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

ausablerat:
You might try posting this on www.myccr.com.
A lot of Americans hang out there who might be able to answer your questions about the canoe you purchased.

Link to this message

ausablerat

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, July 4, 2005 - 10:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks Ed, I really appreciate the helpful info.

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home