Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Off-topic * Flying Videos of the Temagami Area < Previous Next >

Link to this message

irishfield

Post Number: 261

Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 10:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

In case anyone is interested I did 9 videos this summer.. from leaving our personal home for Temagami, to leaving Temagami for home.

Some nice shots of the North East Arm, Caribou Mountain, the Town site, Sherman Mine, Finlayson Park, Obabika Lake's sand bar, etc,

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhum

If you have a good connection and a good video card kick it up to 1080HD that it was filmed in.

(Message edited by irishfield on October 21, 2010)

Link to this message

irishfield

Post Number: 262

Posted on Friday, October 29, 2010 - 10:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Guess there wasn't any interest... oh well.
 Link to this message

ed

Post Number: 903

Posted on Saturday, October 30, 2010 - 7:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I have an interest in looking, but I discovered I would have to set up an account with Youtube to take a look...and I am not interested in joining yet another internet service.
I guess I am becoming an old curmudgeon. Oh well, that is the way it is.
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 1252

Posted on Saturday, October 30, 2010 - 12:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I had use the account as well. I have one, though I, too, feel the same as Ed. But I was surprised that you had to login to watch, and realized it would be a deterrent to some.
 Link to this message

pine_sap

Post Number: 60
Posted on Saturday, October 30, 2010 - 1:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Did you take them down? I tried looking but didnt find them on the link you posted...:-(
 Link to this message

irishfield

Post Number: 263

Posted on Saturday, October 30, 2010 - 2:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Very odd.. I've given that link to 100's of people and nobody has complained about having to join youtube to view them. Maybe I linked the wrong address from own edit page.. so I logged out.. search obabika and got this link. Hopefully you can view it and then click the link to all my videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L8fDtRZLkw
 Link to this message

ed

Post Number: 904

Posted on Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 8:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks Irishfield:
That worked for me. And the pictures look great.
I didn't look at all of them yet, but I will over the course of the next little while.
 Link to this message

irishfield

Post Number: 264

Posted on Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 10:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Yep.. I did link from my own edit page the first time.. here's the correct one to my "channel".

http://www.youtube.com/user/irishfield#p/u

You will also see my original canoe loader videos there from when I built the mechanism last year. Forgot to get some of how slick it works on the water...

(Message edited by irishfield on October 31, 2010)
 Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 1253

Posted on Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 10:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I see how you shot the video. Just reached through the window to turn the camera on and off. Did you build your own mount for it?

Is that you in the canoeloader video?

Do your pontoons have landing wheels?
 Link to this message

irishfield

Post Number: 265

Posted on Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 11:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Yes Brian.. I have amphibs.. wheels come down for hard surface landings. The canoe actually loads a lot easier out on the water as you can move the canoe a lot easier when it's floating vs sitting on jack stands.

I'm the only guy here in the yard sporting a "solar panel" so I guess it's gotta be me. Video shot in my little garage behind the house!

Flying videos.. from this year shot on a GoPro Hero that comes with all sorts of quick mounts and angle adjusters. Last years were shot on my buddies Nikon thru the windshield and the canoe loader on my cheap Canon A570is.

Attached a shot of it mounted to the wing strut. I also have some mounts on the steps. Hard part is reaching out into the wind at 80mph to push the shutter button!

The gopro is a great little camera shooting full 1080HD for ONLY $300 with all the housings and attachments! Would be a great camera on a canoe running white water.. as it is housed in a water proof cover good to 100 feet!

Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 1254

Posted on Monday, November 1, 2010 - 10:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

You could do commentary by writing notes in your palm and sticking it in from of the camera.
 Link to this message

bush_pilot

Post Number: 178

Posted on Friday, November 12, 2010 - 11:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hey Irish, do you have an STC for your canoe loader?
 Link to this message

irishfield

Post Number: 266

Posted on Friday, November 12, 2010 - 11:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Don't need one on an Amateur built aircraft.. but I have given it some thought. A few have told me to patent it..
 Link to this message

blitz_boy

Post Number: 43
Posted on Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 7:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Cool videos Irishfield! I was interested in the one where you flew over the NW arm and Obabika. I must get up again in '11.

Thanks for posting.
 Link to this message

bush_pilot

Post Number: 179

Posted on Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 5:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks Irish, I can see that could be a back saver.
 Link to this message

irishfield

Post Number: 267

Posted on Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 6:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Andy.. the main issues are that there is nowhere to load a canoe on a back lake. You can never get up to shore and on smaller aircraft there is no way to get to the rear strut area to tie on the canoe and why I made the loader..as I got real tired of fishing off the float bow and drifting down the lake always wondering if it was time to scramble and start the engine. Nice thing about it.. it holds your canoe while you load everything in and then pull the pins and paddle away. Same deal when you come back from fishing and I can peg, unload, lift, peg and fly away in 6 minutes. I also fly with my rods and paddles in the canoe.

Note that I also grabbed one of your photo books in the train station this summer.. MANY spendid shots!!!

(Message edited by irishfield on November 13, 2010)
 Link to this message

emerald
Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 9:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks for the beautiful shots,Irishfield,especially of the narrows on Obabika. Had a great canoe trip up there this summer and enjoyed the wide beaches with the low water. Also survived a thunder & lightning storm with loud booms echoing across from the cliffs on the northeast side.Huddled in the tent our thoughts went to the two lightning scars on the white pines just outside. Oh well, it doesn't strike twice in the same place, right?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
Only registered users may post messages here. If you have cookies enabled, your username and password will automatically appear in the boxes. Register
Password:
Action:

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home