Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Off-topic * Coppermine River Expedition 2012 < Previous Next >

Link to this message

sethwotten

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, June 3, 2012 - 5:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hey Folks.

A friend of mine got in touch a few months ago to get me on board with this expedition this summer. We will be traveling from Yellowknife, NWT to Kugluktuk, Nunavut, via Great Slave Lake, Pike's Portage, the Lockhart River, the Snake River, and the Coppermine River. Departure date is July 2nd, 2012. We should have it all wrapped up by August 22nd at the absolute latest.

Check out our website and Facebook page...

http://www.coppermine2012.com/

http://www.facebook.com/CoppermineRiverExpedition2 012

My friend Stef will be working on some educational initiatives, during the trip, to teach students down south about the regions of the Northwest Territories and Nunavut in which we will be traveling. We've got the Royal Canadian Geographical Society on board. I'm hoping to take some photos and get them published in the magazine.

Please feel free to spread the word to anyone that you think would be interested and/or interested in donating to our fundraising.

You can follow our blogs on the Royal Canadian Geographical Society website. We will have a link to those on our site shortly.

Thanks for your interest and good luck with all of your respective summer paddling endeavours.

Cheers

Seth Wotten
 Link to this message

pine_sap
Post Number: 86
Posted on Monday, June 4, 2012 - 7:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Have already donated. So neat to hear you guys are doing this! Logged alot of miles with Stef canoing the north. Good luck and may the sun always be on your shoulder and the wind at your back. Look forward to following your adventure on the website.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
Only registered users may post messages here. If you have cookies enabled, your username and password will automatically appear in the boxes. Register
Password:
Action:

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home