Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * North northwest * Nahanni River < Previous Next >

Link to this message

four_eyez

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, February 14, 2005 - 10:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hmmm... anyone here ever paddled down the Nahanni River before? If so, what part?
My dream trip, from even when I was 10 before I first tripped, has always been to do the Nahanni River. The canyons; the mountains; the rapids.... I would most preferably get flown up to the Moose Ponds, and paddle down from there. I've heard it to be a route usually down in 3 weeks, but I might want to take more time for an extended side trip- take a hike up into the Mackenzies, and treak around with mountain goats on the Tundra.
Anyone ever been there? Any stories would be interestng to here.
 Link to this message

canoebear

Post Number: 205
Posted on Tuesday, February 15, 2005 - 4:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

yo four_eyes,

Yer old men shall dream dreams,
yer young men shall see visions.
'Tis vision quest yo hav be 1 of mine to.
Tha Nahanni River trip be music to my ears too. Soon as I come to a decision on ruggedly built
hi-volume wilderness river trippen canoe that be fitten our needs, I'll trade fer it, then follow yer lead into that whitewater adventure nightmare mix, Heya!

Link to this message

scouter_joe

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, February 15, 2005 - 8:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

My son and I did the Nahanni River from the Moose Ponds to Blackstone Territorial Park in August of 99 . We spent 21 days . 5 0f these were layover days for hiking . One of my favourite trips . scouter Joe
 Link to this message

four_eyez

Post Number: 18
Posted on Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 8:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I hear that downstream from the Mooseponds, it's really rocky and constant CII/III whitewater, as in the canyons where the waves grow larger: is this the case? If so, what kind of canoe did you use, and what kind of outfitting?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
Only registered users may post messages here. If you have cookies enabled, your username and password will automatically appear in the boxes. Register
Password:
Action:

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home