Forums Forums Help/Rules Help Edit Profile My Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search  
Ottertooth Forums * Temagami portage/campsite watch * Lake Temagami < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedNew messages will be added after most recent message, not on archived pages        

It is important to detail the problem or suggestion.
It is also important to note if you viewed the problem yourself (or if you heard this elsewhere) and when you observed it.

Reports only. Please take discussion to another forum.

Link to this message

brian

Post Number: 24

Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 4:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

The portage into Secret Lake had a lot of blowdowns from the storm about three years and badly needs a cleaning. I haven't been to see it since the blowdown.
 Link to this message

mike_b

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 12:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

There is a campsite in the South Arm on the MacLean Peninsula across from island 944 which I think is illegal. There is a large table and two fire pits. Both fire pits are built on the forest floor and not on bare rock and it worries me that campers might think it's a legitimate site. I looked at it 6/29/04. GPS is N46deg51.346', W080deg05.268'. Thanks.
 Link to this message

dendrast

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 5:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

The campsite known as "Elephant Rock " to the west of Mule Bay, or south of Tip Lake has had "3 or 4 large red pines cut down by chainsaw, including a couple across the trail to the toilet", according to Bruce Grant, a tripper from Wabun who stayed there last night.
 Link to this message

blitz_boy

Post Number: 38
Posted on Thursday, August 7, 2008 - 6:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

There is a substantial amount of garbage at the two camp sites at the east end of Witch Bay, particularly the site on the north side. Also the area around the thunderbox is starting to erode.
 Link to this message

councillor

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, July 15, 2013 - 8:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

My brother and I visited Lake Temagami last year at Fynalyson Park. We had my small motor boat. We only had a few days (5) but we had a great time. We had not been there since we were children and our grand parents lived there. We would like to come up and try our hand at canoeing, camping and fishing. We were thinking of Red Squirrel Lake. We have canoed several times over the years. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We have ten days for time.
 Link to this message

ed
Post Number: 1250

Posted on Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 7:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Red Squirrel Lake is easy to access on the Red Squirrel Road north of the Town of Temagami. But 10 days on small lake could be a bit boring.
It might be better to plan a canoe trip where you do a circular route and visit several lakes in the immediate area.Or do day trips into MacLean , Anima Nipissing, Whitewater, Lenore etc.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
Only registered users may post messages here. If you have cookies enabled, your username and password will automatically appear in the boxes. Register
Password:
Action:

Forums | Last Day | Last Week | Search | User List | Help/Rules Home