History of the Main Dock
The Quick and Dirty
That's it. Three logs. It was just south of the council ring. It probably only served for 1904, the first year on Devil's Island, and maybe part of 1905.
In 1904 the entire fleet consisted of birch-bark and Canadian cedar-plank canoes. Most were planks like the one shown. Canvas canoes would come later.
Photo: Keewaydin archives
Maps and information herein are not intended for navigational use, and are not represented to be correct in every respect.
All pages intended for reference use only, and all pages are subject to change with new information and without notice.
The author/publisher accepts no responsibility or liability for use of the information on these pages.
Wilderness travel and canoeing possess inherent risk.
It is the sole responsibility of the paddler and outdoor traveler to determine whether he/she is qualified for these activities.
Copyright © 2000-2013 Brian Back. All rights reserved.
We do not endorse and are not responsible for the content of any linked document on an external site.