History of the Main Dock
The third dock was built in the late 1920s. By comparison to its predecessor, it was big and roomy. The aerial photo below gives a good sense of the scale of the dock. The above shot was taken in 1954 with the Aubrey Cosens arriving on its daily run with passengers, supplies and a below-deck snack bar selling ice cream. It is listed into the dock as passengers and crew moved to the dockside. The sailing boats lasted into the 1960s when they were retired. Roy Waters' boat is in front of them.
Photos: Keewaydin archives
Maps and information herein are not intended for navigational use, and are not represented to be correct in every respect.
All pages intended for reference use only, and all pages are subject to change with new information and without notice.
The author/publisher accepts no responsibility or liability for use of the information on these pages.
Wilderness travel and canoeing possess inherent risk.
It is the sole responsibility of the paddler and outdoor traveler to determine whether he/she is qualified for these activities.
Copyright © 2000-2013 Brian Back. All rights reserved.
We do not endorse and are not responsible for the content of any linked document on an external site.